Mark D. Lipton, Architect, which was founded in 1980, has established a distinguished record of providing architectural and planning services to a wide variety of clients. The firm has worked for both private and public institutions providing educational, commercial, residential, and renovation design. We take pride in the individual attention that we give to each project and in the long-term ongoing relationships established with many of our clients over the years.
Our broad experience with numerous project types in New York City and throughout the tri-state area has given us a thorough understanding of local zoning, building codes, permits and the landmark preservation approval process.
Lipton associates is committed to innovative design solutions that realize the goals of our clients. While our past experience informs our design work, we view each project as an opportunity to seek fresh solutions. We ask critical questions, listen carefully, and examine context in response to specific project challenges.
- feasibility studies
- architectural design
- master planning
- interior design
- facilities planning
- sustainable design consultation
- space programming
- construction administration
- 3D | digital media
- zoning analysis
- planning, designing and building tolling and transit technology systems
- engineering of complex technology systems
Sustainable Design Leadership
Our firm is committed to creating environmentally responsible high performance design. We believe that high performance buildings are those that achieve functional and aesthetic goals while using healthful materials and conserving natural resources. As designers we achieve this balance by paying equal respect to people, the environment and the bottom line. We work with each of our clients to develop appropriate design strategies.
- Excellence in Exterior and Interior design – Office Building 2016
- Sandy Restoration Award- 2016
- Excellence in Exterior design – Medical Building 2011
- Excellence in Interior design – Medical Building 2011
- Chairman’s Award – The Kelleher Center St John’s University 1999
- Excellence in Design – Northfield Bank 1992
- Excellence in Design – Medical Offices 1992
- Chairman’s Award – Todt Hill Residence 1990
- Excellence in Design – Staatan Catering Hall 1989
- Excellence in Design – Youssef Residence 1989
- Excellence in Design – MJ’s Supper Club 1987
- Excellence in Design – Office/Residence 1986
- Excellence in Design – Restaurant 1985
- Excellence in Design – Restaurant 1984
- President’s Award – Office Building 1983
- Special citation by AIA/ACA Exhibition of Architecture for Justice
- Facilities for Trenton State Prison Rehabilitation – 1980.
- Drawings selected for exhibit of the Lower Great Hall at the
- REMAKING OF AMERICA exhibit, Snug Harbor Cultural Center – January 1993